The Design Technician will be responsible for assisting R&D engineering throughout the development process. The Design technician will train & lead assemblers, assist with drafting & completing documentation, operate tools & equipment, complete inspections, run qualification, and implement fixturing. Lead as a role model for good manufacturing practices, adherence to processes and procedures, and report issues such as non-conforming events to engineer. Perform work in adherence to the VitalPath’s Quality Management System (QMS), including development and maintenance of documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Train and lead R&D assemblers along with production assemblers as the product line get transfer to production.
- Assist in developing robust and repeatable process under the guidance of engineers.
- Assist in developing work instructions, test methods, and qualifications.
- Assist in drafting and implementing fixtures and other manufacturing aids.
- Routine task will typically be performed within a clean room environment under the direction of R&D Engineers.
- Inspection of in-process prototypes and subassemblies; material documentation, handling, and control.
- Follow and adhere to procedures, assembly methods, product handling methods, Good Documentation Practices, current Good Manufacturing Practices, and safety requirements.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing and identify opportunities for improvement to engineer.
- Assist in root cause analysis, and resolve customer or project related problems; materials, assembly, functional, or processes.
- Identify cost savings opportunities and work in cross-functional teams to implement Continuous
- Improvement Projects (CIP).
- Execute Qualifications (IQ, OQ, PQ), Validations, and Verifications.
Experience and Education
- Experience in working in a medical manufacturing environment, preferably catheter manufacturing.
- Ability to read a design print.
- High school diploma or GED or related work experience and/or training.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to use standard inspection equipment rulers, calipers, pin gage, laser mike, tensile tester, etc.
- Ability to review and complete manufacturing paperwork traveler, work instructions, qualifications, etc.
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to work with a microscope and sit and/or stand for an extended period of time. Able to lift 25 pounds.
- Annual Bonus
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Location: Roseville, MN
Employment Type: Full-time
Minimum Experience: 2 years