The New Product Development (NPD) Engineering Manager provides direction and structure to the Laser Engineering group to align with the company’s goals for the laser business.
The engineering manager must be a technical mentor and build the technical expertise in laser group for laser cutting, welding, and ablation. The manager is responsible for hiring, training, and managing the staff of the New Product Engineering Department.
Their role is accountable for meeting customer and internal goals by providing engineering support. This includes developing solutions for new products, developing sound manufacturing process and transferring these into manufacture.
The NPD Engineering Manager provides recommendations for capital equipment purchases and forecasts capital needs to support growth.
They work closely with Sales and Account Managers to manage new product development projects and provide inputs to the quoting process.
They also work with the Quality Department to ensure all work is performed per the company’s QMS and support validate equipment and processes and ensure that manufacturing and inspection processes yield results that meet customer expectations as well as fall within ISO 13485:2016 requirements.
Other Functions & Responsibilities:
- The NPD Engineering Manager provides technical guidance and coordinates VitalPath’s technical solutions to customer problems for laser welding, laser cutting and laser ablation.
- Is responsible for managing the laser engineering projects to ensure they are completed on time and budget according to GMP and FDA quality requirements.
- Ensures the new products engineering is coordinated with other departments to and supports company priorities.
- The Manager is experienced in basic project management tools ensures the engineering department coordinates works with suppliers, customers and internal department during all aspects of a project. Develop project timelines to meeting internal/external commit dates.
- Works with Purchasing on selection and specification of raw materials and outsource vendors for tooling, building fixtures and other manufacturing operations.
- Is primarily responsible for providing engineering time and material estimates for new projects.
- Work directly with customers and ensure professional communications between engineers and customers.
- Create product test plans and validate processes as required by FDA and ISO standards
- Expert is Laser Processing and component manufacturing of medical devices
- Experience in effectively building and leading an Engineering department in medical device manufacturing or a similar field
- Evidence of fee for service engineering highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Math or related experience
- Seven years plus in a management / leadership position
- Project management experience.
- ISO 13485 experience in a medical device manufacturing field a minimum for 5 years
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Machine building experience
- Annual Bonus
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Location: Cokato, MN
Employment Type: Full-time
Minimum Experience: 5 years