Under little supervision the QC Inspector will be responsible for inspecting and packaging products or raw material using inspection tools and methodologies. When a nonconformance is found, they may initiate nonconforming material reports and assist in the process.
- Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Specific duties & responsibilities
- Perform product or raw material inspection using microscope, pin gage, caliper, ruler, laser micrometer, and other tools or methods and properly label and segregate non-conformance products from acceptable ones.
- Review travelers to ensure good documentation practices are performed by operators.
- Initiate nonconforming material reports (NMR) for products or raw material found to be out of specification, investigate non-conformance for root cause, and help implement solutions to improve non-conformance.
- Work with the production team to communicate the importance of quality and following procedures.
- May provide recommendations and participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Act as eyes and ears of the Quality department to promote and communicate GMP and GDP.
- Support QC Leads and Engineering Projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & education requirements
- High school diploma or GED or related work experience and/or training.
- 1-3 years of medical device experience with at least 6 months in a quality role preferred.
- Intermediate ruler and print reading skills.
- Intermediate ability to convert measurement units.
- Must exhibit a willingness to work on teams and promote teamwork among other employees.
- Highly focused, detailed oriented, and has excellent eyes for spotting product or material nonconformity.
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to work with a microscope, rulers, micrometer and sit for an extended period of time.
- Local travel to other facilities required.
- Annual Bonus
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Location: Roseville, MN
Employment Type: Full-time
Minimum Experience: 1 year