Job Location: VitalPath in Cokato, MN
This key role leads the Cokato, MN manufacturing plant through a team of functional managers and supervisors. The position ensures high levels of customer and employee satisfaction while implementing strategic initiatives and improving the efficiency of manpower, materials and machines. The Plant Manager directs and manages all site operations with responsibilities for operations, R&D, engineering, maintenance and quality with support for finance, human resources, and sales shared among multiple facilities. The ideal candidate is a strong role model reflecting the behaviors of leadership, process discipline, change management, and a sense of urgency together with compassion and respect for people. They will create a culture focused on respect, high quality, humility, customer focus and a passion for continuous improvement.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the site’s activities to meet revenue, profit and production goals. Provide clear direction and expectations, supervision and guidance to R&D and manufacturing departments.
- Participate in the development of the annual budget and forecast. Lead and advise on resource needs to meet the annual plan and strategic initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a team that embraces employee engagement and create a culture of excellence and respect.
- Establish performance indicators, utilize the data to make decisions and prepare reporting to stakeholders. Coordinate cross-functional leaders to ensure customer expectations for quality and on-time production and delivery are met.
- Introduce continuous improvement, new processes, technologies and/or systems to achieve cost reduction targets through collaboration with all plant employees. Champion Lean initiatives as a tool to drive change.
- Oversees staffing, personnel development and training for all facility employees.
- Oversees equipment purchase, maintenance and calibration. Promote new technologies to be competitive, increase efficiencies as well as reduce safety risk.
- Improve employee safety and morale by creating a safe and efficient working environment that empowers employees and creates accountability.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Technical Bachelor’s degree, Advanced Technical degree or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in progressively increasing positions of responsibility in operations or manufacturing; management roles in multiple manufacturing disciples is preferred.
- Medical device manufacturing under ISO13485 required; FDA registered facility a plus.
- Data driven with strong attention to detail and ability to use data to achieve goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Lean experience with implementation experience in multiple environments preferred.
Benefits: Medical, dental, retirement plan, disability, life insurance, paid holidays, and PTO
Location: Cokato, MN
Employment Type: Full-time
Minimum Experience: 10 Years